- Featured in
Description: This is a terrific value Daiginjo as it gives a drinker the chance to taste a real player in the history of Japanese sake. The nose on Chobei is pure strawberry and candy goodness. This sake has a relaxed and smooth honeydew melon start with a thin and round finish. The middle-mouth is filled with ripe melon flavors and a sweetness that isnt sweet. Go figure! The viscosity is thin and round and the mouth speed is velvety and quick, and the ending is a waterfall of flavor.
One word to describe this sake brew: Honeydew-Melon (yeah I know. I cheated...hyphened words don't count ;)
Food Pairings: Fruit salads, white fish sashimi, sake-steamed clams, and Cuban cigar.
Taste profile: WINE: Chewy reds/Ripe whites; BEER: Sweet ales
Ingredients: Ricetype: Yamadanishiki; No sulfites, no preservatives.
Alcohol Content: 15%
Sake Meter Value (the lower the sweeter, the higher the drier): +4
Ozeki Osakaya Chobei "First Boss" is featured in these Sake Social kits:
And can be found in:
- Ales & Pilsners / explore 26 brews
- All of Our Sakes / explore 72 brews
- Belgian Ales, Stouts, & Lagers / explore 22 brews
- Frontpage / explore 4 brews
- Fruit (Parfaits/Pies) / explore 16 brews
- Fruit Salad / explore 9 brews
- JFC Sake International Brews / explore 29 brews
- Price: $30-$50 / explore 32 brews
- Red Wine - Big & Bold / explore 28 brews
- sake starters / explore 66 brews
- Shellfish / explore 50 brews
- Sushi & Sashimi / explore 46 brews
- White Wine - Full & Fruity / explore 31 brews