- Featured in
Description: This cedar-aged (less than two weeks) brew has a smoky, grainy, vanilla, charcoal, and cedar nose. A well-balanced taru sake that has several degrees of flavors that are best expressed in different sized glasses. A small cup brings forth more cedar tones on a dry fluid with a quick finish. A larger cup displays a more open cedar flavor with a deep layer of sweetness similar to caramel or noughet with more pronounced acidity and a slightly tangy finish. The brew gets more vast at room temperature highlighting the cedar and acidity play. If you like drinking sake from a masu (cedar box) this brew will speak to you.
One word to describe this sake brew: Cedar
Food Pairings: Smoked meat, fowl, fish, and cheeses.
Taste profile: WINE: Zesty reds/Crisp whites; BEER: Crisp smoky ales
Ingredients: Ricetype: Yamadanishiki; No sulfites, no preservatives.
Alcohol Content: 14%
Sake Meter Value (the lower the sweeter, the higher the drier): +5
Buy 4 or more of this product, or a combination of other products and receive the discount!
Ozeki Komatsu Tatewaki "Samurai Sake" is featured in these Sake Social kits:
And can be found in:
- Ales & Pilsners / explore 29 brews
- All of Our Sakes / explore 78 brews
- Assorted Cheeses / explore 11 brews
- BBQ & Skewers / explore 26 brews
- Game & Fowl / explore 27 brews
- Grilled Fish / explore 54 brews
- Grilled Meats / explore 42 brews
- Hamburgers / explore 31 brews
- JFC Sake International Brews / explore 29 brews
- Price: $30-$50 / explore 39 brews
- Red Wine - Big & Bold / explore 30 brews
- sake starters / explore 72 brews
- White Wine - Crisp & Clean / explore 32 brews